PHOTO: Nate Abbott
Warm season sucks. The snow is gone, it’s too damn hot, and unless you can make it to Hood or Whistler, you won’t be clicking into your skis for at least the next few months.
We’ve compiled a short list of activities to help stave off those summertime blues while we all twiddle our thumbs waiting for Mother Nature to deliver powder season.
3. Move to the southern hemisphere. You don’t have to wait for winter to come back when it never leaves.
4. Wax and edge your skis… for the fifth time.
5. Air out your boot bag from last season. On second thought, no, don’t.
6. Pick up a new hobby, like homemade shot-skis, wood carvings of Glen Plake, or yodeling.
8. Get a doctorate in mechanical engineering. Build a time machine or cryogenically freeze yourself until December.
9. Work on your “sponsor me” edit from all the rad GoPro footage you totally bagged last season
10. Dances, prayers, candlelit vigils, chants, shots of mountain goat’s blood, sacrificial lambs—whatever it takes to bring the fluffy white stuff ASAP.