Sometimes, an apology is warranted. But the following are not those times. These are the times when you, dear skier, just gotta do what you gotta do.
Sorry, not sorry…
1. For snaking first tracks.
2. For calling in sick on a powder day.
3. For telling you to get your shit together in the backcountry.
4. For doing whatever it takes to not have to wear a suit and tie, at a job I don't like, in a hectic city, just to make the in-laws happy.
5. For being from out of town, skiing way too fast for my ability, on rental skis, with my jacket unzipped and flapping in the wind, as I milk every last ounce of joy from my ski vacation.
6. For ignoring your texts on a powder day because I left my phone in the car and I will not be bothered on this glorious day.
7. For drinking a beer on the chairlift and heckling the guy who just had a complete yard sale but appears to be just fine.
8. For not even coming close to sticking the landing.