The POWDER Photo Internship
POWDER is now accepting applications for an internship position in the photo department. This person will assist the Photo Editor in all aspects of photography as it pertains to the magazine publishing process and web-based content. The internship includes a significant amount of photo research and photo library organization. This position is based in Carlsbad, California. Applicants must be able to receive school credit to be eligible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Photo research
- Extensive fact-checking
- Studio photography assistance
- Pre-press logistics
- Maintain seasonal photo file storage and backups
- General communication with an extensive list of contributing photographers
- Solid understanding of photography and post processing/organizational platforms such as Lightroom, Photoshop, and Bridge
- Meticulous nature. Must be extremely organized
- A very high level of awareness and attention to the smallest details
- Strict adherence to multiple deadlines
- The ability to multi-task with excellent follow through
To apply, please send a resume and a one-page cover letter explaining why you'd be a good fit for the POWDER Photo Internship to David Reddick at Dave@Powder.com with the subject line: Photo Internship.
For 45 years, POWDER, The Skier’s Magazine, has been produced by and for those who embrace skiing, and is developed through a collective love of two things: good skiing and quality storytelling. Since its inception in 1972, POWDER has been based on authenticity, experience, and respect for its readers—the most passionate, dedicated, and loyal in the sport. For more information, please visit Powder.com.
About TEN: The Enthusiast Network
TEN: The Enthusiast Network LLC is the world’s premier network of enthusiast brands, such as POWDER, BIKE, SUP, SURFER, Transworld, Canoe & Kayak, and GrindTV. With more than 60 publications, 100 Web sites, the world’s largest automotive VOD channel, 800 branded products, 50+ events, TV and radio programs, TEN creates and delivers content that informs, entertains, inspires and connects with enthusiasts every day. For more information visit EnthusiastNetwork.com.