About the Mag
Jake and Dave Moe founded POWDER in 1972 as an alternative to the other, uptight skiing magazines. "To us, powder skiing means freedom, with an emphasis, not on how you do it, but just on doing it more," they said. That's what we're still trying to do. Powder to the People.
In This Issue
Inside the September 2016 issue of POWDER:
– Powder Nexus: “It is divine--every single day you are on the hill. It is a gift and a privilege. If you take it for granted, you are missing everything.”
– The Grand Scale: For those who have been cast under the spell of the Tetons, the mountains continue to mystify and inspire, making Grand Teton National Park skiing’s greatest treasure.
– The Skis of the Year: The Powder Union spent more than 1,000 hours lapping Big Sky, Montana, to determine the 11 best skis of the year.
– Scripted: The carefully commoditized skiing experience of Sean Pettit
– Gimme Some Sugar: Sugar Bowl, California, holds onto its independence through a community-first ethos