About the Mag
Jake and Dave Moe founded POWDER in 1972 as an alternative to the other, uptight skiing magazines. "To us, powder skiing means freedom, with an emphasis, not on how you do it, but just on doing it more," they said. That's what we're still trying to do. Powder to the People.
In This Issue
The November 2016 issue of POWDER is dedicated to travel. Pick up the Travel Issue for stories about Banff, Alaska, Norway, and Cascadia:
– Quiet the Mind: Banff, Alberta, reveals the tenuous balance between development, skiing, and nature.
– Wonderland: One skier’s quest to find the dream line in the greatest skiing state--Alaska. Helicopters not included.
– The Dark and the Light: Narvik, Norway, is a World War II battleground turned skier’s paradise.
– Cascadia: When the snow is deep in the Pacific Northwest, it is the deepest.
– First: Devin Logan pushes women’s freeskiing down the long, uncertain road ahead.