For immediate release:
SAN FRANCISCO - (Feb. 19, 2014) - Who needs an official holiday to sneak in a powder day? Celebrate the third annual National Play Hooky & Ski Week from Monday, March 3 to Friday, March 7, and get more skiing or boarding in this year with the help of Liftopia - the largest online and mobile marketplace for lift tickets and other mountain activities.
"With resorts in every part of the country getting serious snow the past few weeks, the second half of the season is shaping up to be a great time to embrace winter and get out on the hill," says Evan Reece, co-founder and CEO of Liftopia. "Our customers - but probably not their employers - love our Play Hooky Sale due to fewer crowds and wide-open trails that can be found when hitting the slopes mid-week."
The official proclamation for National Play Hooky & Ski Week reads as follows:
Whereas the American worker has been experiencing undue stress in the workplace; and, whereas it is generally accepted that engaging in awesome activities outside of the workplace decreases undue stress; and, whereas skiing and snowboarding are proven to be awesome activities. Henceforth, it is proclaimed that the first Monday in March shall be the start of the third annual National Play Hooky & Ski Week.
During National Play Hooky & Ski Week, skiers and boarders can find prices on lift tickets starting at $7.50 - as much as 78 percent off walk-up window rates - at Liftopia.com and via the Liftopia mobile app. Below are examples, with more available at http://deal.liftopia.com/national-play-hooky-and-ski-week/:
· Save 76% at Mt. Baldy with two-day lift tickets starting at $33.00
· At Mt. Rose save 43% with two-day lift tickets starting at $67.99
· At Diamond Peak save 38% with three-day lift tickets starting at $102
· Save 35% at Sierra-at-Tahoe with lift tickets starting at $56.99
· At Arapahoe Basin save 44% on an Elevation Three Pack with prices starting at $139.00
· At Sunlight Mountain save 37% with lift tickets starting at $35.99
· Save 35% at Copper Mountain with three of five day lift tickets starting at $230
New England/New York:
· Save 60% at Crotched Mountain with lift tickets starting at $19.99
· At Ragged Mountain save 60% with two-day lift tickets starting at $53.99
· Save 54% at Waterville Valley with lift tickets starting at $30
· Save 48% at Plattekill Mountain with lift tickets starting at $29.99
· At Whiteface save 42% with a three of four day pass starting at $136.99
· Save 44% at Sundance with lift tickets starting at $30.99
· Save 34% at Snowbird with three-daylift tickets starting at $154.99
· At Park City save 30% with four of seven day lift tickets starting at $277.20
· Save 78% at Caberfae Peaks with lift tickets starting at $7.50
· Save 51% at Blackjack with three-day lift tickets starting at $64.99
· Save 38% at Grand Geneva with lift tickets starting at $28.99
· At Devils Head save 31% on two-day lift tickets with prices starting at $58.99
· At Mt. Hood save 53% with lift tickets starting at $37.00
· Save 44% at Canaan Valley with two-day lift tickets starting at $31.00
· Save 41% at Owl's Head with two-day lift tickets starting at $41.06
· Save 37% at Sun Valley with five ofseven day passes starting at $307.99
· Save 34% at Tamarack Resort with lift tickets starting at $64.99
· Save 33% at Tremblant with three-day lift tickets starting at $144.93
Please note all prices are based on availability and may sell out.
Follow @Liftopia on Twitter and use the #PlayHookyGoSki hashtag to share your best excuses to play hooky and go ski!
# # #
Liftopia operates the largest online and mobile marketplace as well as the largest technology platform serving the ski and mountain activity industry.With deals up to 85% off at more than 250 alpine resorts across North America, Liftopia allows skiers and boarders to buy date-specific lift tickets and on-mountain activities in advance via Liftopia.com and the Liftopia mobile app. Liftopia provides resorts with software and data analytics throughCloud Store by Liftopia, a SaaS e-commerce engine that allows resorts to leverage Liftopia's platform tools to manage inventory, pricing and online distribution through their own branded websites and mobile channels. Founded in 2005, Liftopia is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading institutional and angel investors. The company is a proud supporter of the U.S. Ski Team and U.S. Snowboarding. Visit the Liftopia blog or follow on Facebook and Twitter.