POWDER Magazine is looking for a full-time graphic designer to work on a contract basis from June 2 to October 1, 2014. You will report directly to Art Director Mike Taylor and help him with projects that are directly related to Volume 43 of POWDER Magazine and POWDER’s various digital mediums, including Powder.com, Facebook, and other social channels. Qualified applicants should send their resume and a cover letter directly to Taylor at [email protected]
Position: Contract Designer – Graphic Design, Powder Magazine
Full-time position based in San Clemente, CA
Mike Taylor, Art Director
Functions and Responsibilities (Listed in order of importance):
• To assist in the creation, design, and layout of editorial content in Powder Magazine’s print issues.
• To assist in the creation, design, and layout of Powder Magazine’s advertorial guides (branded catalog pages). This will involve both image preparation for print and digital (setting color spaces and resolution appropriately) and the translation of print content to the website.
• To assist and create design for digital features, static and multimedia.
• To assist the Art Director and Powder’s photography team in any in-studio photography that may take place for both print and web.
• To assist in the conceptualization and creation of graphic assets for Powder’s merchandise program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
• Strong conceptual and idea generation skills required
• A solid understanding of photography and compositions desired
• Self motivated / able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Analytical skills required
• Fine Arts Degree (Graphic Design) preferred
Must be able to work out of the San Clemente, CA office for the duration of the contract
Must be able to sit for long periods
Must be able to use computer / keyboard
Must be able to read complex documents and speak clearly
Fulltime (Monday to Friday) for the duration of the contract, lasting from June 2, 2014 to October 1, 2014.
TBD. To be paid incrementally bi-monthly. Looking for eager, upstart designer that is flexible and able to move to San Clemente for half the year. Position ideally suits a seasonal designer looking to augment portfolio with media experience that offers print and several web opportunities.
Please submit resume to Art Director Mike ‘Basher’ Taylor at [email protected]
For 42 years, POWDER, The Skier’s Magazine, has been produced by and for those who embrace skiing, and is developed through a collective love of two things: good skiing and good magazines. Since it’s inception in 1972, the strength of the POWDER title has been based on authenticity, experience, and respect for its readers—the most passionate, dedicated, and loyal in the sport. For the 14th Annual Powder Awards, the recipients of both the men’s and women’s Powder Poll winners earned new, completely customized Apple iPad mini’s, courtesy of Fusion of Ideas. These one-of-a kind awards come pre-loaded with unique digital content with personalized graphics and packaging. POWDER is part of Source Interlink Media’s Grind Media that reaches more than 10 million active sports enthusiasts through an integrated network of magazines, online properties, events and television programming. For more information, please visit Powder.com.
Source Interlink Media’s GrindMedia is the world’s largest action/adventure/outdoor media company, with 29 leading media assets featuring brands such as GrindTV.com, SURFER, SURFING, TransWorld SKATEboarding, Bike, POWDER, TransWorld Motocross, Snowboarder, Canoe & Kayak and more. GrindMedia reaches more than 40 million engaged consumers every month through its print, online, mobile, TV/video and events. Delivering significant reach across both action sports enthusiast and various in-market consumer audiences, GrindMedia also produces more than 40 leading events and webcasts such as Surfer Poll Awards, TransWorld SKATEboarding Awards, Powder Video Awards, Lowers Pro and EnduroCross. GrindMedia is also the exclusive action and adventure sports content provider for Yahoo! Sports. To learn more, visit grindmedia.com.
About Source Interlink Media, LLC
Source Interlink Media, LLC, a subsidiary of Source Interlink Companies, Inc. is the premier source of special interest media in the United States. With more than 70 targeted publications, 90 websites, 800 branded products, 65+events, and TV and radio programs, SIM is the largest provider of content to enthusiast communities interested in automotive, action sports, marine and other niche activities. The division’s strategy is to wholly focus on targeted audiences by leveraging and expanding upon its core market-leading brands through a multiplatform media approach.