Powder represents the most dedicated,
affluent and qualified consumers in skiing.
- Average # of days skied per season: 38
- Advanced/expert/pro-level skier: 95%
- Average # of years as a skier: 27
- Own a season pass: 74%
- Took an overnight ski trip in the past year: 91%
- Average amount spent on ski travel last year: $2,612
- Average # of ski trips taken in the last year: 6.9
- Average # of days per trip: 4.6
- Average # of years subscribing to POWDER: 11.1
- Read it cover to cover: 62%
- Average hours spent reading each issue: 3
- Keep each issue of POWDER: 67%
- Pass their issue of POWDER along to others: 26%
- Median HHI: $92,500
- Employed Full Time: 75%
- Plan to buy skis/boots in the next 12 months: 74%
- Plan to buy ski apparel in the next 12 months: 76%
- Average amount spent on ski equipment last year: $1,850
- Purchase items at a local retailer: 66%
Buyer’s Guide, Sept. 2014
Everyone wants to know what new skis, boots, and bindings to buy. Now that over 80 percent of consumers read online reviews before purchasing, the print replicated digital Buyer’s Guide features product videos, user reviews, comparative shopping, and the ability to purchase from our exclusive e-tailer, Backcountry.com.
Apparel Guide, Oct. 2014
Based off of the Third Annual Thread the Needle, a two-day outerwear event at Solitude, the Powder edit staff and a team of correspondents identify the top apparel for today’s market. Like the hardgoods guide, the apparel guide will be reproduced online, with the ability for consumers to purchase with the click of a mouse.
Resort & Heli/Cat Guide, Nov. 2014
Having won a national magazine award (WPA Maggie Award) for Best Use of Social Media in 2013, the Ski Town Throwdown and the Powder Resort Guide maintain their position as the premier print and online resources for skiers looking for their next great ski destination.
Holiday Gift Guide, Dec. 2014
Powder continues its tradition of premium storytelling by profiling all-pro dirtbag Drew Tabke while taking readers on a skiing adventure unlike any other to the remote Aleutian Islands.
Photo Annual, Jan. 2015
The best ski photographers in the world come to POWDER first. In one of the top-selling issues, POWDER will also profile one of the sport’s most popular and fascinating photographers, and journey to one of the original ski cultures in a faraway, snowy land.
Let’s Get Weird, Feb. 2015
Why so serious? February is when we get loose. Come get weird and cosmopolitan with us as we chase the best street skiers in the world, follow powder to the Gaspé Peninsula in Quebec, and look for visions on a quest through Arizona.
Gear Guide, Oct. 2014
A newsstand-only issue, the Gear Guide is a compilation of over 300 products from the Buyer’s Guide, Apparel Guide, and Holiday Gift Guide/Accessories Guide. Skis, boots, bindings, jackets, pants, helmets, goggles, backpacks, and gloves will be featured on Powder.com with buy-now links for holiday shopping.