About the Mag
Jake and Dave Moe founded POWDER in 1972 as an alternative to the other, uptight skiing magazines. "To us, powder skiing means freedom, with an emphasis, not on how you do it, but just on doing it more," they said. That's what we're still trying to do. Powder to the People.
In This Issue
– Timeless: On Location: A pilgrimage to Switzerland.
– Follow the Lead: Four Swiss guides who carry on a proud tradition of taking skiers into the mountains.
– Salt: Words to live by, an interview with Verbier-based photographer Mark Shapiro
– Angel Mountain: The best-kept secret in Switzerland is Engelberg.
– A Small Place, A Good Place: Driving a long and winding road to the lesser-known ski areas.
– The 2016 Apparel Guide: The 20 best jackets and pants.