Powder Magazine is seeking qualified applicants for the following position:
Full-time position based in San Clemente, CA
John Stifter, Editor
• Assign, develop, top edit, copy edit, write, and upload original online content. Original content is posted to Powder.com daily.
• Collaborate closely with editorial team to integrate magazine content to Powder.com, Powder digital properties (iPad, iPhone, etc.), and future digital projects.
• Manage all web-based initiatives, including buyers guides, newsletters, and contests, and execute assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Collaborate closely with marketing team to ensure brand events are represented online.
• Contribute ideas and concepts to grow site page views and uniques.
• Manage Powder's social media channels through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, etc.
• AP-style journalism background desired. Know how to report on variety of subjects and write AP-style and longer narrative pieces for Powder.com on deadline.
• Strong knowledge of Word Press and HTML required.
• Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Video and photo editing skills required.
• Excellent creative/aesthetic judgment combined with the ability to take ideas from multiple sources and form a cohesive, compelling, creative result.
• Experience in design, typography, and interactive interface design.
• Self motivator capable of producing high quality work within strict deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills.
• The understanding this is not a 9-5 job. It is a lifestyle decision, meaning you won't work regular hours and you'll be expected to work on journalist time.
• A consistent, strong, creative voice for headlines, photo captions, and socials
• Fluency in Powder Style Guide and ability to produce tight, clean copy on deadline
• Ability to contribute out-of-the-box ideas to digital and print properties
• Passion for skiing and knowledge of Powder Magazine.
• TBD. Full benefits package.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Editor John Stifter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include relevant work experience only.
For 41 years, POWDER, The Skier's Magazine, has been produced by and for those who embrace skiing, and is developed through a collective love of two things: good skiing and good magazines. Since it's inception in 1972, the strength of the POWDER title has been based on authenticity, experience, and respect for its readers—the most passionate, dedicated, and loyal in the sport. POWDER is part of Source Interlink Media's Grind Media that reaches more than 10 million active sports enthusiasts through an integrated network of magazines, online properties, events and television programming. For more information, please visit www.powder.com.
About Grind Media
Reaching more than 10 million enthusiasts, Source Interlink Media's Grind Media is the dominant force in the action sports and adventure sports arenas. In addition to publishing leading lifestyle publications such as Surfer, Surfing, Snowboarder, Skateboarder, Bike, Paved, POWDER, ATV Rider, Dirt Rider, Canoe & Kayak and SUP Magazine, Grind Media delivers a cutting-edge network of online properties such as Fantasy Surfer, events and television programming. For more information, please visit www.grindmedia.com.
About Source Interlink Media, L.L.C.
Source Interlink Media, LLC, a subsidiary of Source Interlink Companies, Inc. is the premier source of special interest media in the United States. With more than 70 targeted publications, 90 websites, 800 branded products, 65+events, and TV and radio programs, SIM is the largest provider of content to enthusiast communities interested in automotive, action sports, marine and other niche activities. The division's strategy is to wholly focus on targeted audiences by leveraging and expanding upon its core market-leading brands through a multiplatform media approach.