Pick the Trick Sweepstakes 2012
1. Introduction: Source Interlink Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of Powder Magazine), (“Sponsor”) is offering the Pick the Trick Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be 18 years of age or older by date of entry and a resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. P.S.T. October 16, 2012 and ends at 11:59:00 p.m. P.S.T. on November 12, 2012.
4. How to Enter: There are two ways to enter this Sweepstakes. Individuals may enter by going to Powder Magazine’s Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/Powdermag, go to the Sweepstakes tab and click “Like” if not already a fan. A Sweepstakes image will appear and you will then be redirected to Powder Magazine’s website page http://www.powdermag.com. From the Powder Magazine website, click on the Sweepstakes link, fill in all required entry information and name the trick featured in the picture. You may also enter by going directly to Powder Magazine’s website page http://www.powdermag.com and click on the Sweepstakes link. All correct guesses will be entered in a random drawing. Entries must be received by November 12, 2012 P.S.T. Multiple entries are not permitted. One entrant per entry. Individuals may enter this Sweepstakes by filling out the online entry only once. More than one entry from any person or address per site will void all entries from that person or address. Sponsor may also ask optional questions. Completion of these questions is not required to enter the Sweepstakes. You must be a registered member of Facebook to enter via Facebook.
5. Drawing: This Sweepstakes will have one (1) drawing and (1) winner. The entrant selected as potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. The potential winner will be selected by random drawing from all entries received on or before the entry deadline. The drawing will be conducted on or about November 5, 2012 by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail on or about December 12, 2012. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from all entries received.
6. Prizes: One (1) winner selected will receive the following prize: an O’Neill prize pack consisting of a Mutant jacket and a pair of Stereo pants ($450.00 retail value). Total ARV of all prizes $450.00. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will provide a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners.
7. Other Terms and Conditions: Potential winners and guests will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If the winner is a minor, all required documents (the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and Publicity Release) must be executed by the winner’s parent or guardian. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner’s place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority, may use winner’s name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
8. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Winner List: The prizewinner name will be available by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope after February 1, 2013 to Powder Magazine Pick the Trick Sweepstakes 2012 – c/o Source Interlink Magazines, LLC, 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 Attn: Legal.
11. Sponsor(s): The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Source Interlink Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of Powder Magazine), whose address is 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.