For Immediate Release
By the end of November, the 20 adaptive athletes who train and compete with the AVSC Adaptive Program may have their hopes and dreams shattered. Due to factors outside of our control, a Federal grant that has assisted, along with private resources, in funding this year-round program for injured service members is still not secured.
The AVSC Adaptive Team is made up of amazing individuals who are striving to be the best in the world; half are injured service members and disabled Veterans. We were the United States Ski & Snowboard Association’s Adaptive Club of the Year in both 2011 and 2012, and seven of our athletes have already qualified to compete in the 2014 Paralympics in Sochi, scheduled for March 7th to 16th.
We need $250,000 to keep our Adaptive program alive in this critical Paralympic season. Then we need to put the program on such solid financial footing that we can continue to implement year-round programming.
Let all of America be inspired by the powerful examples that our athletes set!
What will your donation cover?
• All military athlete expenses through April 2014: local housing, coaching fees, season pass, travel and lodging, all equipment needs.
• Operational expenses through April 2014: office rent, staff salaries, vehicles, travel related costs.
Please help our national heroes! Here’s how you can help:
• Donations of any size are welcome and are tax deductible.
• Donate now online: Support AVSC Adaptive or www.teamavsc.org
• Call Barbara Frank, AVSC Development Director @ 970-205-5102