Squaw Scores 78 Inches—Check Out Photos
Press Release – For Immediate Release
Snow Alert: INTENSE WEEK-LONG Storm BRINGS 78 INCHES OF SNOW TO Squaw Valley USA
[Squaw Valley USA] December 14, 2009 – For Squaw Valley skiers and riders, an early Christmas present came in the form of 78 inches of snow that fell over the past week. Today, the sky opened for a classic “Squaw Valley blue bird powder day”, with deep untouched snow and brilliant sunshine. Subsequent snow storms forecasted through next weekend ensure the ample base will be even deeper for the heart of the holiday season that historically begins the third week in December. The #1 ranked Lift in North America, KT-22, opened today bringing a true gift for eager powder hounds.
• To date this season, Squaw Valley USA has received over 105” or over 8 ½ feet of snow.
• In the past week Squaw Valley USA has received 78” or over 6 1/3 feet of snow.
• Current base depths measure 50-70” at elevation 8,000 ft (Squaw’s peak elevation is 9050 ft).
• Squaw Valley is open from top to bottom, with 18 of 33 lifts spinning.
• Squaw Valley has received almost a quarter of its average annual snowfall (450”); with the impressive early season snow, the mountain will be 100% open for the busy holiday period.
• ‘Holidays at Squaw’ bring a host of festivities to the Lake Tahoe Resort, beginning December 19.
• The most up-to-date resort conditions, operations, event schedules and live mountain cams are available at www.squaw.com or call 530-583-6955.
*For information about the footage, assistance with downloads, or to order BetaSP copies of this footage, please contact Lake Tahoe Media Center – 530-583-4206.
Attached photos of today’s storm are courtesy of Squaw Valley USA.
Take advantage of North America’s best snow conditions with discounted ski-n-stay packages at Squaw Valley USA! Call Squaw Valley Central Reservations at 866-366-7261.
Site of the VIII Winter Olympic Games, Squaw Valley USA is located five miles north of Lake Tahoe along the Truckee River on Highway 89. The year-round resort offers 4,000 acres of lift served terrain including half pipes and terrain parks, ice-skating, snowtubing, indoor rock climbing, an Olympic Winter Games Museum, shopping, dining and more. For more information call 530-583-6985, or visit www.squaw.com.
Add a comment